1. Incubation Definition
To foster entrepreneurial activities in IT related areas and to provide a platform to the start- ups and prospective entrepreneurs to convert their innovative ideas into commercially viable products to enhance software exports from Chandigarh.
2. Eligibility Criteria
The following bays available at SPIC IT Incubation Centre are furnished with modular furniture.
||Tentative Area(sq ft)
|| 360 view
|| 360 view
|| 360 view
4. SPAN OF INCUBATION
The space at Incubation Centre will be allocated on leave and license basis initially for a period of 12 months. The allocation would be extendible twice so that the maximum total period of license for any licensee shall under no circumstances be extended beyond additional 24 months. The term will be extended on yearly basis. The applicant to whom space is allocated shall need to enter into a leave and license agreement..
5. SELECTION PROCESS
The selection of licensee shall be done by a Committee. Applicants are required to submit the proposals through online application form.
6. PAYMENT TERMS
- Rent is Rs. 70 per square feet per month
- Rent for first 1 month shall be paid in advance along with rent for 2 months as security
- Normal Operation Hours : 8AM - 8PM
- Rs. 70 per square feet includes; electricity, water, 24*7 Power Backup, Security & Housekeeping, Repair & maintenance and Parking
- For operations beyond normal hours an additional Rs. 10 per square feet per hour per month would be charged
- Internet on paid basis only
7. INCUBATION FACILITIES
In addition to the space at SPIC IT Incubation Centre the following facilities will also be provided to the licensee for operations :
- Normal Operation Hours from 8AM - 8PM
Facility Management & Housekeeping
- Repair and maintenance
Running expenses like electricity, water and diesel for the DG set
For operations beyond normal hours additional charges would be levied
8. OTHER CONDITIONS
- Applicant would be eligible for allocation of 1 bay only.
- Applicant including direct family members would be eligible for allocation of 1 bay only at a time.
- Bay allocation would be recommended by the screening committee based upon current and future requirements
- Licensee shall start work from within 1 months of commencement of the agreement failing which the license shall stand terminated.
- Licensee shall not be allowed to sub-license the space and in the event of violation the competent authority shall have the option to terminate the agreement with 15 days notice.
- Licensee will not be authorized to make any additions / alterations in the premises without prior approval of the licensor.
- Licensee shall bear all costs / risks associated with such additions / alterations / repairs.
- Licensor and Licensee shall have the option to terminate the agreement by giving 2 months notice in writing
Note: The eligibility criteria above has been prescribed based on the various models across the country keeping in mind the objective to support start-ups & promotion of Software Exports.